Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Introduction

I am an amateur cook. I can make some very, very good meals, but I have not had any formal training. I'll let other people debate whether such training is useful. I, however, am simply a man who is good at learning things, and one of the things I chose to learn over the past ten years or so is how to make a few dishes that I and some other people seem to like.

That said, then, calling myself "ChefAdam" as I do on this blog is something I do somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I certainly do not hold the position "head chef" or even "sous-chef" at any restaurant.

My other interests include mathematics, nutrition, chemistry and medicine. In fact I hold a PhD in math, and I am not even the best cook I know who is also a PhD in math (and she is also a better cook than I.) I do from time to time find my understanding of chemistry helps me to be a better cook, and I can explain those things here and there as we go. But that is quite enough about me for now. This blog is about making food.

1 comment:

  1. Adam is an excellent cook, being his mother, I have enjoyed my share.

    ReplyDelete